The tweet.IM online service has received new features: presence-based filtering, follow notifications, and search.
Tweet.IM service, run by ProcessOne, enables XMPP users to tweet and receive tweets in near real-time in their preferred standards-based IM client. This service has received new interesting features in the last days.
The first of the new features is very handy, it is presence-based filtering:
- you receive direct messages whatever your status is
- you receive timeline messages when you are “available” or “available for chat”
- you receive mentions when you are not in the busy / do not disturb state.
- you receive followers notifications when you are not in the busy / do not disturb state
- you receive search (track) updates when you are “available” or “available for chat”
Tweet.IM now sends you followers notifications, this means you get simple text notifications when:
- someone has just subscribed to your posts (he turns as a follower for you)
- a follower has just unsubscribed from your posts (he has “unfollowed” you)
You can now follow and unfollow twitterers:
- f user: in order to follow
- u user: in order to unfollow
A new search feature have landed in tweet.IM:
- sa keyword: this will send you tweets containing the keyword as soon as they are published
- ss: in order to list the saved searches
- sd keyword: in order to stop receiving a search
Thanks to Twitter, we have also removed the limit of 20.000 requests per hour: you won’t have the error 400.
As a reminder, just type ‘help’ in your XMPP client to get all the commands:
Obviously, you can follow tweet.IM on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/tweet_im. You are welcome to comment the new features.
Tweet.IM is based on our IMgateways offering, more info on this page: https://www.process-one.net/fr/solutions/imgateways/