Looking for enterprise-grade solutions for Internet of Things?
Build your IoT with ProcessOne »
Here is the video recording of ProcessOne IoT Studio session #1. At the core of the discussion is an introduction to Internet of Things protocols. Here are the topics / questions that we covered during that session:
- What are the main classes of protocols for the Internet of Things ?
- What are the strengths of XMPP for the Internet of things ?
- What are the main XMPP Extensions for building the Internet of Things ?
- How can I leverage XMPP to build a real device / appliance ?
As such, the session ends with a hands-on demonstration of a Soundcloud connected Jukebox built with:
– Raspberry Pi 2
– Connected to ejabberd
– Client is developed in Go using Go XMPP library.
Example code for the XMPP jukebox is available on Github: xmpp_jukebox.go
For those who just need access to the slides, they are on Slideshare: