Release Note ejabberd 1.1.2 - 27 Sep 2006
This document describes the main changes in ejabberd 1.1.2.
Please, note that ejabberd 1.1.2 has a bug in mod_roster_odbc. If you plan to use mod_roster_odbc, please use ejabberd 1.1.3.
This version is a major improvement over ejabberd 1.1.1, improving the overall behaviour of the server in many areas. Users of ejabberd 1.1.1 should upgrade to this new release for improved robustness and compliance.
ejabberd can be downloaded from Process-one download page.
Detailed information can be found in the Feature Sheet and in the Installation and Operation Guide which are both available on the Process-one ejabberd documentation page.
ejabberd includes 44 improvements. A complete list of changes can be retrieved from Process-one support site.
Recent changes include:
- Major improvements have been made on the LDAP module. It is now more flexible and more robust.
HTTP Polling Fixes
- The HTTP polling modules have been fixed and improved: the connections are closed properly and polled messages cannot be lost anymore.
Roster Management Improvement
- Roster management improvements increase reliability, especially in cases where users are on different servers.
- Shared rosters are more reliable.
- It is now possible to limit the number of opened connections for a single user.
- Database support: Microsoft SQL Server is now officially supported in ODBC mode.
- Restricting node creation with a dedicated ACL rule is now possible.
- A Czech translation has been added.
- Translations have been updated.
- New binary installer for Windows including all requirements.
- Improved installers for Linux and MacOSX (PowerPC).
- Some protocol compliance fix have been added, after the Portland XMPP Interop Meeting in July.
- MUC have been improved (logging rendering).
- The command line tool ejabberdctl has been improved.
- The build chain has been improved, including MacOSX support.
- The documentation has been improved and updated to describe the new features.
- Anonymous login bugfixes.
- Please refer to the ChangeLog file supplied with this release regarding all improvements in ejabberd.
Supported Erlang Version
- You need at least Erlang/OTP R9C-2 to run ejabberd 1.1.2.
- The recommanded version is Erlang/OTP R10B-10.
- Erlang/OTP R11B has not yet been fully certified for ejabberd.
Installers are provided for Microsoft Windows, Linux/x86 and MacOSX/PPC. They can be retrieved from Process-one download page.
- Before any migration, ejabberd system and database must be properly backed up.
- The relational database schema has changed between version 1.1.1 and 1.1.2. An "askmessage" column needs to be added in the "rosterusers" table to perform the migration.
Contributed tutorials and documents of interest are: