We are pleased to announce ejabberd 20.12. This release, just in time for the New Year’s, includes several new features and many improvements & bugfixes.
Most notably, ejabberd now works with the Microsoft ODBC Driver for the SQL Server support. With a new config option,
sql_odbc_driver, you can explicitly specify the path to the ODBC driver you want to use.
We also improved the supported authentication methods with the addition of SCRAM-SHA-1-PLUS, SCRAM-SHA-256(-PLUS) and SCRAM-SHA-512(-PLUS).
ejabberd 20.12 is a big release, and here is just a small selection of the improvements it includes:
- Add support for SCRAM-SHA-(1,256,512)(-PLUS) authentication
- Don’t use same value in cache for user don’t exist and wrong password
outgoing_s2s_ipv*_address: New options to set ipv4/ipv6 outbound s2s out interface
s2s_send_packet: this hook now filters outgoing s2s stanzas
start_room: new hook runs when a room process is started
check_decoded_jwt: new hook to check decoded JWT after success authentication
- Docker: Fix DB initialization
sql_odbc_driveroption: choose the mssql ODBC driver, with support for Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server
- Rebar3: Fully supported. Enable with
- systemd: start ejabberd in foreground
- MAM: Make sure that jid used as base in mam xml_compress is bare
- MAM: Support for MAM Flipped Pages
- MUC: Always show MucSub subscribers nicks
- MUC: Don’t forget not-persistent rooms in load_permanent_rooms
- MUC Admin: Better error reporting
- MUC Admin: Fix commands with hibernated rooms
- MUC Admin: Many improvements in rooms_unused_list/destroy
- MUC Admin: create_room_with_opts Store options only if room starts
- Pubsub: Remove ‘dag’ node plugin documentation
- Push: Fix API call return type on error
- Push: Support cache config changes on reload
- Register: Allow for account-removal-only setup again
- Roster: Make roster subscriptions work better with invalid roster state in db
- Vcard: Fix vCard search by User when using Mnesia
- WebAdmin: Allow vhost admins to view WebAdmin menus
- WebAdmin: Don’t do double utf-8 conversion on translated strings
- WebAdmin: Mark dangerous buttons with CSS
- WebSocket: Make websocket send put back pressure on c2s process
ejabberd 20.12 download & feedback
As usual, the release is tagged in the Git source code repository on Github.
The source package and binary installers are available at ejabberd XMPP & MQTT server download page.
We’ve discovered some issues with the Windows installer that we are still working on, so its publication is delayed.
If you suspect that you’ve found a bug, please search or fill a bug report on Github.