ProcessOne SiteCustomer Helpdesk and FeedbackFollow us on Twitter

gmail.com s2s broken (again)
Posted: 19 January 2012 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-11-28

Hello,

My domain is mmoya.org. Since about two weeks ago a began to get remote-server-not-found for all my @gmail.com contacts. I did think it was a general gmail.com federation issue.

Today I’ve registered an user with jabber.org and I have added to the roster my hosted.im’s contact as well as my @gmail.com contact. From jabber.org I’ve both presence and messaging with both accounts (the @mmoya.org’s one and the @gmail.com’s one), so it seems a problem between hosted.im and gmail.com.

Could you please take a look…

Regards,
maykel

Posted: 23 January 2012 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2009-06-04

Hello,
the strange thing for us is that this happens for some domains hosted on hosted.im,  but not with others.  We are investigating it,  will keep you informed.  Please do the same and ping us here when your federation with gmail get back to normal

Posted: 22 February 2012 08:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-08-17

It’s been broken with my domain for some time too.  I’d be grateful for any information on this.  Domain is samaddar.co.uk

Posted: 29 February 2012 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2010-06-29

I add an answer about the cause of the latter problem for information purposes, in case other user is facing with the same scenario: during the negotiation process, Google server was closing communication informing that the domain (from hosted.IM) could not connect to Google because the former was also configured in Google Apps with the service “Talk” enabled. The solution was to disable the “Talk”.